Advanced Diploma in Dance is a full-time course that offers an integrated education in dance, combining practical studio training with academic inquiry in dance studies, and lectures on other liberal arts. It is designed to prepare graduates for vocational roles in the dance industry. Experiential learning opportunities will allow you to apply your learning in a semi-professional context.
Daily technique classes in Chinese dance and Contemporary dance are complemented by theoretical lessons in movement analysis, teaching methodologies, dance education, creative processes of performance, dance history, dance criticism, notation, and body therapy. Courses dealing with choreography and repertory will also be offered.
You will get to attend workshops and guest lectures in world performance traditions, such as African, East Indian, Chinese and Native dance. This dynamic programme trains you in essential disciplines of mind and body – together with creative expressions in contemporary dance and choreography.
The course helps you enhance your required autonomy as practitioners of dance/dance education. This might include the formation of the degree-based dance company, and the opportunities to teach in local community-based institutions.
- Prepares aspiring dancers for vocational roles in the dance industry
- Provides several professional performance opportunities
- Intakes: March, September
The AdADance programme develops knowledge, understanding, and conceptual, technical and managerial skills relevant to the creation of dance. Through an industry-focused and carefully phased study of 12 modules, you will be equipped with the skills to work confidently in a competitive and demanding industry.
The project-based modules ensure that you have the skills to work in an arts administration environment and within small medium enterprise (SMEs), which make up 69% of the creative industries. Rambert, for example, which is the biggest employer of dancers in the UK, is a small medium enterprise. Classes will be taught by dance teaching practitioners, dance professionals and visiting artists, including Rambert Dance Company, RIFCO Arts and Rudeye.
The programme also develops the key skills that you will need in order to excel within a creative workplace. These skills are transferable beyond the Dance sector into all areas of the creative industries. Upon successful completion, you will have a clear understanding of the dance industry and the ability to apply theory to technique. The cohesive programme of learning encompasses a generic set of outcomes, but allows for a degree of individual specialism towards one industry sector.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level Credits or its international academic equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- A 3-5 minute performance of a chosen dance,
- Choreograph and perform a piece to music given during the audition
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 4.5 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above, or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Basic, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
THREE (3) Years Course
- Introduction To Contemporary Techniques I
- Introduction To Choreography
- Introduction To Chinese Dance I
- Introduction To Contemporary Techniques II
- Introduction To Classical Techniques
- Introduction To Chinese Dance II
- Contemporary Techniques 1
- Commercial Techniques 1
- Community Dance 1
- Performance Project 1
- Dance History
- Choreography 1
- Contemporary Techniques 2
- Commercial Techniques 2
- Community Dance 2
- Performance Project 2
- Classical Technqiues
- Choreography 2
Download course synopsis here.
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||14, 500.00||39, 182.25|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|Total Course Fee||18, 000.00||49, 682.25|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 260.00||3, 477.75|
|Total Payable Fee||19, 260.00||53, 160.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 360 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.