This 3 months full-time or part-time course focuses on strengthening the ability of an English Language student at Advanced level. It is the third of three levels of English. This course is designed to develop and enhance English listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills for academic purposes. In addition, it supports understanding of grammar and vocabulary acquisition. Students will be able to practice, demonstrate and use what they have learnt within classroom activities and formal assessments. Upon completion of this level, students should be able to show improved language skills and progress to their next academic or professional goal. This level is equivalent to an IELTS 6.0.
This level of English is assigned as English Advanced Level; it consists of 6 concurrently run modules – 4 core English skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) and 2 supporting skills (Grammar and Vocabulary). These modules will be run, taught and managed with formal evaluation, assessments and necessary practice. Face-to-face contact lecturing, blended learning, and self-study activities will provide a suitable pathway for students’ to develop and apply the English language.
- Meets English Language Requirements for All SRMC Courses
- At least 15 years old
- Intakes: March, June, September, December
Graduates will receive a Certificate in English – Advanced conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will:
- Have an English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.0,
- Meet the English Language Requirements for all SRMC Courses.
- At least 15 years old
- Meet SRMC’s English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their three-month course of study.
- Listening Module
- Speaking Module
- Reading Module
- Writing Module
- Grammar Module
- Vocabulary Module
Overall, students are to develop their general ability of the English Language providing them a pathway to use this for future academic and professional goals.
|Tuition Fee||2, 300|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||350|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||350|
|Total Course Fee||3, 000|
|Goods & Services Tax||210|
|Total Payable Fee||3, 210|
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
For other fees, please click here.
Students must pass the assessment requirements for each module.
Certificate in English – Advanced
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.