Advanced Diploma in Music (AdMus) is a two-year full-time course, centred on your principal study instrument for which you will receive weekly lessons. Faculty based activities include duo, chamber, ensemble and orchestral training, all of which provide you several performance opportunities.
You will undergo rigorous training in three key areas: Performance, Musicianship and Enrichment. Historical studies, practical musicianship studies, and aural courses will help you improve your musicality. Modules in professional development also enhance employability by training your communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and study skills.
By completing these compulsory modules, you will be able to enroll directly into the University Of West London (UWL) Bachelor (Honors) Degree programme.
Successful AdMus graduates are well-positioned to further your studies at higher education institutes around the world. You may also pursue exciting professions that will influence the global music scene, such as:
- Performer/ Composer/ Conductor
- Music School Administrator
- Managing Agent for Performers
- Concert Manager
- Music Arranger
- Music Director
- Project Coordinator
- Sound Engineer
- Music Teacher
- Prepares practising musicians for Bachelor’s Degree
- Transforms students into industry-ready professionals
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive an Advanced Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Associate Diploma or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Diploma or better.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Intermediate, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
Music Performance Track
Music Recording Track
Music Management Track
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||26, 121.50|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||33, 121.50|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 159.25||2, 318.50|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00||35, 440.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Advanced Diploma in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.