Advanced Diploma in Music
Advanced Diploma in Music (AdMus) is a two-year full-time course, for which you will receive weekly one-to-one lessons for your principal study instrument. You will also get ample performance opportunities, via duo, chamber, ensemble and orchestral training.
You will undergo rigorous training in three key areas: Performance, Musicianship and Enrichment. Historical studies, practical musicianship studies, and aural courses will help you improve your musicality. To enhance employability, our professional classes also train your communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and study skills.
By completing these compulsory modules, you will be able to enroll directly into the University Of West London (UWL) Bachelor (Honors) Degree programme.
Successful AdMus graduates are well-positioned to further your studies at higher education institutes around the world. You may also pursue exciting professions that will influence the global music scene, such as:
- Performer/ Composer/ Conductor
- Music School Administrator
- Managing Agent for Performers
- Concert Manager
- Music Arranger
- Music Director
- Project Coordinator
- Sound Engineer
- Music Teacher
- Prepares practising musicians for Bachelor’s Degree
- Transforms students into industry-ready professionals
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive an Advanced Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Associate Diploma or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Diploma or better.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Have IELTS score of 5.0 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
Please prepare the following based on your principal study instrument:
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
To meet the English Language requirements, the following qualifications are acceptable:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC)
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium)
- SRMC’s English Placement Test
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
Music Performance Track
Music Recording Track
Music Management Track
Download course synopsis here.
SRMC has arranged for the protection of course fees paid by local and international students, through the FPS Escrow Scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore. It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||26, 121.50|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||33, 121.50|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 159.25||2, 318.50|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00||35, 440.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Advanced Diploma in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.