BA (Hons) Music Management is a three-year full-time course that prepares students to work in the music industry and understand the rapid development of the music landscape. The intensive course builds a wide range of knowledge and skills, from music video production to performance event management.
The course offers you a variety of modules, aimed at enhancing your future employability in this sector and allied industries. On top of learning to work with and manage people in likely scenarios, you will be conceptualising and running events in and beyond the college.
You will also learn the legal and regulatory requirements of the live music industry, and explore all possible income streams associated with copyright.
- Provides opportunities to manage performance events
- Equips students with diverse skills necessary for a successful industry career
- Intakes: March, September
This exciting new course allows students to study artist management and development, by work-based learning and distance learning methods. Promoting entrepreneurial skills and enterprise, the course provides students with an in-depth study of the mechanics, psychology and business skills required to manage the career of an artist or, equally, the student’s own career.
The course is written and delivered by experienced industry professionals for students wishing to enhance their employability, or those wanting to gain a formal qualification for their careers.
- At least 17 years old
- Singapore-Cambridge ‘A’ Level or Diploma in Music (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Interview
- Meet English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
Three (3) Years Course
- Professional Skills for the Music Industry and Academia
- Introduction to Technology
- People Management And Negotiation Skills
- Introduction to Music And Media Law
- Music Video Production
- The Role Of Music Management
- Artiste PR and Publicity
- Agency And Promoters
- Collection Societies And Industry Associations
- Enterprise And Business Development
- Music Marketing and Promotion
- Touring Logistics And Planning
- Event Design
- Music Management Project
- Strategic Music Management
- Blast Radio
- Festival Studies
- Conference And Venue Management (Optional)
- Stage Management (Optional)
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||39,182.25|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||49, 682.25|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||12, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||4, 317.75|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||66, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 360 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
BA (Hons) Music Management
awarded by the University Of West London.