Home Courses Music Bachelor of Music (Honours) Composition
Bachelor of Music (Honours) Composition
Bachelor of Music (Honours) Composition is a 3-year full-time specialist course for aspiring composers. Students will be taught both new and classical techniques of composition and arrangement. Leading academics and industrial specialists will be invited to reveal their specialty and enhance students’ abilities particularly in the fields of composition, musicianship, and contextualised musical knowledge.
Students will graduate not only as composers and arrangers, but also versatile musicians and independent learners with a wide ranging musical knowledge and critical thought, with the ability to partake in a wide-range of jobs in and out of the music industry.
- Specialist course for aspiring composers
- Enhances musicianship and critical thought
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Bachelor of Music (Honours) Composition conferred by the University of West London.
- At least 17 years old
- Singapore-Cambridge ‘A’ Level or Diploma in Music (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (click here for Theory Placement Test Guide)
- Pass SRMC’s Interview
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Submit a portfolio of recent composition works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
THREE (3) Years Course
- Composition 1A
- Composition 1B
- Harmony and Counterpoint
- Music Analysis
- History A
- Methods and Materials
- Composition 2A
- Composition 2B
- Orchestration and Arranging
- Advanced Musicianship
- History B
- World Music Studies
- Composition 3A
- Composition 3B
- Advanced Orchestration and Arranging
- Music Management
- Music for the Moving Image
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||39,182.25|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||49, 682.25|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||12, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||4, 317.75|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||66, 000.00|
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
For other fees, please click here.
Students must gain 360 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
BMus (Hons) Composition
awarded by the University Of West London.