Home Courses Music BMus (Hons) Music Performance And Recording
BMus (Hons) Music Performance And Recording
BMus (Hons) Music Performance And Recording is a three-year full-time course that helps musicians develop their performance and composition skills, as well as record and produce their own music.
During the course’s Recording aspect, you will learn how to capture, sequence, and produce music through specially-designed music technology modules. You will hone your ability to craft music skilfully on a computer, and in a recording studio. The Management strand will equip you with all skills necessary to manage an artiste’s career, produce events and performances, as well as network within the industry.
The college supports the students in marketing and managing their musical careers, so that they may exploit all opportunities in today’s music business.
Successful BMus graduates are well-positioned to further your studies at higher education institutes around the world. You may also pursue exciting professions that will influence the global music scene, such as:
- Freelance Performers, Soloists or with Ensembles/Bands
- Supporting Artists
- Music Composers
- Audio Composers for Film
- Arrangers and music/arts administrators
- For aspiring performers with an interest in studio recording
- Gives students an edge with practical music production skills
- Intakes: March, September
Drawing upon the vast experience of the professional music industry staff at LCM, the exciting course is designed as a response to the dynamic needs of the current music industry. Musicians or composers will develop both performance techniques and the technical knowledge to record music, so as to launch a successful career in the music industry.
- At least 17 years old
- Singapore-Cambridge ‘A’ Level or Diploma in Music (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Have IELTS score of 6.0 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
Please prepare the following based on your principal study instrument:
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
To meet the English Language requirements, the following qualifications are acceptable:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC)
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium)
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
Three (3) Years Course
- Pop Performance Studies 1A
- Sound Theory
- Desktop Composition
- Pop Performance Studies 1B
- Sound Practice
- Role of Music Management
- Pop Performance Studies 2A
- Composition And Arranging
- Studio Recording 2
- Composition And Arranging Workshop
- LCM Music Factory
- Touring Logistics and Planning
- Music Management
- Showcase Studies
- Performance Project
- Music Technology Showcase Project
- Composing for Moving Image
- Music Education Workshop (Optional)
- Experimental Sound (Optional)
- Live Sound Practice (Optional)
Download course synopsis here.
SRMC has arranged for the protection of course fees paid by local and international students, through the FPS Escrow Scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore. It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||39,182.25|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||49, 682.25|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||12, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||4, 317.75|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||66, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 360 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
BMus (Hons) Music Performance and Recording
awarded by the University Of West London.