Performance or composition forms the core of this one-year full-time course. You may choose to major in any musical instrument, vocals, or composition. Not only can you begin to develop a professional profile, underpinned by specialist and supporting skills. You will get to explore new areas of music, which will allow you to pursue specialist interests.
The course comprises instrumental or vocal instruction, masterclasses, ensemble and solo performance opportunities, lectures and seminars. You will get to present a public showcase of your performance or composition achievements, and undergo rigorous training in three big areas: Performance, Musicianship and Enrichment.
Successful BMus graduates are well-positioned to progress into post-graduate studies at higher education institutes all over the world, or embark on a professional career journey in exciting professions, such as:
- Music School Administrator
- Managing Agent for Performers
- Concert Manager
- Music Arranger
- Music Director
- Project Coordinator
- Sound Engineer
- Music Teacher
- Provides intense training in performance and musicianship
- One-year full-time degree course
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6 conferred by University of West London, and may go on to study in a post-graduate course in performance, composition, or management.
- At least 19 years old
- Advanced Diploma In Music or FdMus Music Performance (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
- Performance Studies 3A
- Performance Studies 3B
- Advanced Performance Project
- Music Management
- Advanced Orchestration and Arranging (Optional)
Download course synopsis here.
SRMC has arranged for the protection of course fees paid by local and international students, through the FPS Escrow Scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore. It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00|
** Students may apply for direct entry to 1-year BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6. For this top-up programme, you will be required to pay an additional Exemption Fee of S$4, 000.00.
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6
awarded by the University Of West London.