Performance or composition forms the core of this one-year full-time course, which offers the opportunity to major in a musical instrument, vocals, or composition. Not only will you be able to develop your professional profile, underpinned by specialist and supporting skills. You will get to explore new areas of music, which will allow you to pursue specialist interests.
The course comprises instrumental or vocal instruction, masterclasses, ensemble and solo performance opportunities, lectures and seminars. You will get to present a public showcase of your performance or composition achievements, and undergo rigorous training in Performance, Musicianship and Enrichment.
- Provides intense training in performance and musicianship
- One-year full-time degree course
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6 conferred by University of West London, and may go on to study in a post-graduate course in performance, composition, or management.
- At least 19 years old
- Advanced Diploma In Music or FdMus Music Performance (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
- Performance Studies 3A
- Performance Studies 3B
- Advanced Performance Project
- Music Management
- Advanced Orchestration and Arranging (Optional)
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00|
** Students may apply for direct entry to 1-year BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6. For this top-up programme, you will be required to pay an additional Exemption Fee of S$4, 000.00.
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6
awarded by the University Of West London.