Certificate in Music (CMus) is a one-year full-time course for aspiring musicians to build a strong foundation in musical knowledge and abilities. Successful CMus graduates will be fully prepared to enrol in our Diploma in Music (DMus) course.
CMus provides you with structured classes in music theory, ear training, music communication, and their principal study area. An introductory course to conducting is available as an elective.
Under the guidance of dedicated professional teachers, you will enhance your musical awareness and build your repertoire through music theory and ear training classes. You will also develop better knowledge of your principal study major and take leaps in your musicianship.
- For aspiring musicians with low music foundation
- At least 15 years old
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Certificate in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 6 or better in your chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 5 or better.
- At least 15 years old
- Completed Secondary 4 (for local students), Junior Middle School, or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet SRMC’s English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 3 – 6 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 3 – 6 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: Submit two recent composition works
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 4.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above, or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
- Performance 2A
- Music Theory 2A
- Musicianship 2A
- Music Communication 2A
- Performance 2B
- Music Theory 2B
- Musicianship 2B
- Music Communication 2B
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||9, 500.00|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||13, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||910.00|
|Total Payable Fee||13, 910.00|
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
For other fees, please click here.
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Certificate in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.