Diploma in Music (DipMus) is a one-year full-time course that prepares students with the core knowledge necessary for their future music careers on stage or behind the scenes. The course provides specific core modules for each unique major, be it in a musical instrument, vocals, or music management.
Apart from improving your musicianship and theory knowledge, you will be guided to reach your potential as a musician and grow as a music industry professional.
Successful DipMus graduates will be fully prepared to take on our Advanced Diploma in Music (ADMus), FDMus Music Performance, or our Bachelor in Music courses, conferred by the University of West London.
- Builds foundation for your future career in performing, or music management
- Be fully prepared for degrees conferred by UWL
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 8 or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 7 or better.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits (or its international equivalent)
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (Music Performance Track)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition (Music Performance Track)
- Pass SRMC’s Interview (Music Management Track)
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 4.5 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above, or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Basic, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance 3A
- Theory & Harmony 3A
- Musicianship 3A
- Instrumental Writing
- Performance 3B
- Theory & Harmony 3B
- Musicianship 3B
- Music Appreciation
Music Management Track
- Introduction to World Music
- Music Theory Grade 1-3
- Introduction to New Media
- Business Writing
- Business and Organisation Management
- Public Speaking & Grooming
Download course synopsis here.
SRMC has arranged for the protection of course fees paid by local and international students, through the FPS Escrow Scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore. It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,159.25|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Diploma in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.