Home Courses Music Diploma in Music
Diploma in Music
Diploma in Music (DipMus) is a one-year full-time course that provides students with specific core modules, targeted at each unique major. Not only will you improve your music theory knowledge, you will grow as a professional musician.
Successful DipMus graduates will be fully prepared to take on our Advanced Diploma in Music (ADMus) or FDMus Music Performance.
- For semi-professionals, looking to improve musical abilities
- Be fully prepared for degrees conferred by UWL
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 8 or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 7 or better.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits (or its international equivalent)
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (Music Performance Track)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition (Music Performance Track)
- Pass SRMC’s Interview (Music Management Track)
- Have IELTS score of 4.5 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
Please prepare the following based on your principal study instrument:
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
To meet the English Language requirements, the following qualifications are acceptable:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC)
- GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above
- SRMC’s English Placement Test
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance 3A
- Theory & Harmony 3A
- Musicianship 3A
- Instrumental Writing
- Performance 3B
- Theory & Harmony 3B
- Musicianship 3B
- Music Appreciation
Music Management Track
- Introduction to World Music
- Music Theory Grade 1-3
- Introduction to New Media
- Business Writing
- Business and Organisation Management
- Public Speaking & Grooming
Download course synopsis here.
SRMC has arranged for the protection of course fees paid by local and international students, through the FPS Escrow Scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore. It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,159.25|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Diploma in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.