The Graduate Diploma in Professional Artist is a one year full-time (or 1.5 years part-time) course that prepares students for further studies in music. It emphasises on practical training and holistic professional musicianship. The course helps you polish your musicianship abilities and proficiency in your principal study major.
You will get ample opportunities to accumulate valuable performance experience in ensemble work by opting for Chinese, String, Jazz, or Vocal Ensemble. In addition, you will be given opportunities to lead Ensembles at SRMC.
You may also be selected for the External Diploma Examinations of ABRSM, Trinity, Guildhall or LCM at levels in accordance with your performing ability. These Diplomas demand professional standards of performance and musicianship, beyond that of a final year Advanced Diploma in Music recital.
- Enhances employability of practising music teachers
- Prepares music professionals for further studies
- Intakes: March, September
- At least 19 years old
- Advanced Diploma or Foundation Degree (or its international academic equivalent)
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance Studies 3A
- Advanced Performance Project
- Performance Studies 3B
- Music Management
Music Recording Track
- Music Management
- Showcase Studies
- Performance Project
- Music Technology Showcase Project
- Music for Moving Image
- Music Education Workshop (Optional)
- Experimental Sound (Optional)
- Live Sound Practice (Optional)
Music Management Track
- Event Design
- Music Management Project
- Strategic Music Management
- Blast Radio
- Festival Studies
- Conference And Exhibition Studies (Optional)
- Stage Management (Optional)
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||14, 500.00|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||18, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 260.00|
|Total Payable Fee||19, 260.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Graduate Diploma In Professional Artist
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.