SRMC ensures that our students get the support they need for their mental and physical well-being. Our close-knit culture provides a conducive and welcoming learning environment for all students, never forgetting those who are far from home.
Our Student Services Team has been set up to ensure a harmonious student community. Students will be given maximum guidance in their academic pursuit. Our staff is also equipped to handle and respond to local healthcare issues, whenever necessary. We share the same goal with parents – to guide our students in growing into all-rounded individuals, with positive attitudes and inquiring minds.
SRMC has a range of counselling services available, to address student needs at every stage of their college education.
Counselling, Student Care, and Pastoral Services
SRMC’s Counselling Service assists students to maintain their academic and personal well-being, with the following services:
- Provide information, intervention, referral services on psychological, educational, and emotional issues,
- Provide pastoral counselling to students, conducted by external qualified professional.
Our Student Services Manager and the Academic Department work closely to counsel students with poor attendance rates. Every month, warning letters are issued to students who do not meet the minimum attendance requirements.
The Student Services Manager will then counsel students on a one-to-one basis and help identify potential reasons for their frequent absence from classes. If this is due to difficulty with coping with their studies, the Academic Department will be roped in to assist and monitor their progress. Should the problem persist or if the student is unable to cope, the latter will be referred to the Counsellor.
SRMC has in place a Medical Insurance, under which all its students (except those specifically allowed to opt out under EduTrust Certification guidelines) will be insured by Group Hospital & Surgical Insurance, provided by American International Assurance Company Limited.
This Medical Insurance Scheme minimally provides for an annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in Government or Restructured Hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the course duration. Students are encouraged to seek advice on whether more comprehensive insurance cover is required or desired.
The S$20,000 Annual Medical Insurance Coverage will only commence after the Student has signed the Standard PEI-Student Contract and has paid the course fees. For subsequent year(s) of study, the Student must pay the Medical Insurance Premium for continuous Medical Insurance Coverage.
Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and International Students without Student Passes, who are already covered by their own medical insurance plan (annual limit of not less than S$20,000), may be exempted from the plan provided by Singapore Raffles Music College. Those undertaking full-time courses must produce their Medical Insurance Policy for verification, should they want to opt out. Student must opt out by declaring in the Standard PEI-Student Contract accordingly.
Student Support Services
For all newly-enrolled students, SRMC will:
- disseminate and reiterate important course and other essential information,
- inform students of their rights, including internal/external grievance and dispute resolution procedures, fee protection scheme, and reference to CPE’s official website,
- inform students of course deferment/extension criteria and procedures, suspension and expulsion conditions; and
- provide details of the University or College awarding the certificate.
Student Assistance, Care & Support, Counselling and Pastoral Services
- Assistance to international students to help them to adapt to the local environment or seek other support services. For example, general or specialist health services (physiological, dental, mental), drug/alcohol abuse education, problem gambling, sexuality education etc.
- Advice or services on accommodation options for international students.
- Close collaboration with parents and guardians for all students.
- Pastoral Care and Counselling by external professional appointed to support student psychological needs and guidance.
Conducive Learning Environment And Enrichment Programmes
- Student Lounge Area for Study and Performances
- Student Service & Resources Centre
- Campus-wide wireless Internet connection
- Multimedia Lab equipped with iMacs
- Financial Assistance Scheme / Scholarship
- Academic Assistance to students – British Council’s language and tutorial programmes
Service Quality Targets
As a CPE-registered, EduTrust-certified education provider, SRMC commits to provide accessible high-quality education that nurtures our students to achieve their personal and professional best. With our student care and support, we will guide you to achieve your education goals and a well-balanced lifestyle.