Certificate In Music
The Certificate in Music (CMus) is a one year full-time course that provides students with a strong foundation in musical knowledge and abilities.
The CMus programme equips aspiring musicians with the necessary skills to further their musical abilities via structured courses in music theory, ear training, music communication and their principal study area. Students interested in conducting can also take an introductory course to conducting as an elective.
CAREER PROSPECTS / FURTHER STUDIES
Successful graduates from CMus are fully prepared to enroll in the Diploma in Music (DMus) course offered by Singapore Raffles Music College.
What can you expect?
Students can look forward to having dedicated teachers who are recognised professionals in their respective fields. The music theory and ear training classes will increase the students' awareness of music and their own repertoire, working alongside their principal study area to improve their musicianship in a synergistic manner.
Students graduating from the course will receive a Certificate in Music conferred by SRMC, and have a performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 6 or better in their chosen principal study, and a music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 5 or better.
(For student who has strong interest in music studies but with low music foundation)
- At least 15 years old
- For International Student: Completed Junior Middle School or its international academic equivalent
- For Local Student: Completed Secondary 4 or its international equivalent
- Theory - Pass SRMC's Placement Test or other equivalent
- Practical - Pass Audition
- Have IELTS score of 4.0 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
For the audition, the following should be prepared based on your main study instrument.
- For Instrumentalists 3-6 minute performance consisting of TWO contrasting pieces
- For Singers 3-6 minute performance of THREE songs
To meet the English Language requirement, any of the following qualifications are acceptable:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council, is the test preferred by the College.
- GCE 'N' / 'O' Level English Language - Grade C or above
- SRMC's English Placement Test
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
- Performance 2A
- Music Theory 2A
- Musicianship 2A
- Music Communication 2A
- Performance 2B
- Music Theory 2B
- Musicianship 2B
- Music Communication 2B
For other information, please click here !
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||9, 500.00|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||13, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||910.00|
|Total Payable Fee||13, 910.00|
For other fees, please click here !
- All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%.
- All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
The successful graduate must pass the assessment requirements for each module in order to gain modular credits based on the following schedule:
Certificate In Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.