Diploma In Music
The Diploma in Music (DipMus) is a one year full-time course that continues from the Certificate in Music (CMus) and leads to either the Advanced Diploma in Music (ADMus) or FDMus Music Performance.
The DipMus programme equips aspiring musicians with the necessary skills to further their musical abilities via structured courses in music theory, ear training, music analysis and their principal study area. Specific core modules targeted at each unique major will allow students to have a well rounded music education; Students will be prepared fully for more advanced degrees.
CAREER PROSPECTS / FURTHER STUDIES
Graduates from DipMus are fully prepared to enroll in the ADMus or FDMus course offered by SRMC.
What can you expect?
Students can customise their studies by choosing from a wide variety of classes offered in the DipMus course. These classes include core modules (required by all students) and electives.
Students graduating from the course will receive a Diploma in Music conferred by SRMC, and have a performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 8 or better in their chosen principal study, and a music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 7 or better.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or its international academic equivalent
- Theory - Pass SRMC's Placement Test or other equivalent
- Practical - Pass Audition
- Have IELTS score of 4.5 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
For the audition, the following should be prepared based on your main study instrument.
- For Instrumentalists 10-12 minute performance consisting of TWO contrasting pieces
- For Composers Submission of a portfolio of works prior to an interview
- For Singers 10-12 minute performance of THREE songs
To meet the English Language requirement, any of the following qualifications are acceptable:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council, is the test preferred by the College.
- GCE 'N' / 'O' Level English Language - Grade C or above
- SRMC's English Placement Test
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance 3A
- Theory & Harmony 3A
- Musicianship 3A
- Instrumental Writing
- Performance 3B
- Theory & Harmony 3B
- Musicianship 3B
- Music Appreciation
Music Management Track
- Introduction to World Music
- Music Theory Grade 1-3
- Introduction to New Media
- Business Writing
- Business and Organisation Management
- Public Speaking & Grooming
For other information, please click here !
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,159.25|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00|
For other fees, please click here !
- All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%.
- All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
The successful graduate must pass the assessment requirements for each module in order to gain modular credits based on the following schedule:
Diploma In Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.