FdMus Music Performance
The FdMus is a full-time course that seeks to transform passionate students into music professionals that creates a positive and vibrant impact in the Arts and Music industry, both locally and beyond.
The FdMus programme blends the acquisition of performance skills, musicianship abilities to deliver a holistic development experience for the student. The course is centred on your principal study instrument for which you will receive weekly lessons. Faculty based activities include duo, chamber, ensemble and orchestral training, all of which provide performance opportunities for the student.
Modules in historical studies, practical musicianship/stylistic studies, aural and professional skills provide support and depth to your study and help develop key skills in areas such as communication, collaborative work, problem solving and study skills, with the aim to enhance employability.
CAREER PROSPECTS / FURTHER STUDIES
Graduates from FdMus are well positioned to enter and pursue exciting professions and influence the development of Arts and Music industries. The following roles are just some examples of the opportunities that await you.
- Administrator for Music School
- Managing Agent for Performers
- Concert Manager
- Music Arranger
- Music Director
- Project Coordinator
- Sound Engineer
- Music Teacher
In addition, you can further your studies in higher education institutes around the world.
What can you expect?
Students will undergo rigorous training in three big areas: Performance, Musicianship and Enrichment. These modules are all compulsory, and completion will enable the student to enroll directly into the University Of West London (UWL) Bachelor (Honors) Degree programme.
Students graduating from the course will receive a Foundation Degree in music conferred by UWL, and have a performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Associate Diploma or better in their chosen principal study, and a music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Diploma or better.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE 'A' Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international academic equivalent
- Theory - Pass SRMC's Placement Test or other equivalent
- Practical - Pass Audition
- Have IELTS score of 6.0 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
For the audition, the following should be prepared based on your main study instrument.
- For Instrumentalists 10-12 minute performance consisting of TWO contrasting pieces
- For Composers Submission of a portfolio of works prior to an interview
- For Singers 10-12 minute performance of THREE songs
To meet the English Language requirement, any of the following qualifications are acceptable:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council, is the test preferred by the College.
- GCE 'A' Level GP or KI - Grade E or above
- IB Diploma - Pass TOK (English Medium)
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
- Performance Studies 1A
- Performance Studies 1B
- Harmony and Counterpoint
- Music Analysis
- History A: Music 1600 - 1900
- Performance Studies 2A
- Performance Studies 2B
- World Music Studies
- History B: Music in the 20th Century
- Negotiated Project
- Orchestration and Arranging
For other information, please click here !
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||26, 121.50|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||33, 121.50|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||8, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||2, 878.50|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||44, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here !
- All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%.
- All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
The successful graduate must pass the assessment requirements for each module in order to gain modular credits based on the following schedule:
FdMus Music Performance
awarded by the University Of West London.