BMus (Hons) Music Performance - Level 6
Performance or composition forms the core of this full-time course.
Performance options include instrumental or vocal study, principally in western classical or jazz styles. Composition includes study of a range of classical and popular styles.
Students will gain the ability to develop and maintain a professional profile, underpinned by both specialist and supporting skills. The course aims to introduce students to previously unexplored areas of music and to enable them to pursue specialist interests.
The course comprises instrumental or vocal instruction, masterclasses, ensemble and solo performance opportunities, lectures and seminars. Students will also have the opportunity to present a public showcase of their performance or compositional achievements.
CAREER PROSPECTS / FURTHER STUDIES
Graduates from BMus are well positioned to enter and pursue exciting professions and influence the development of Arts and Music industries. The following roles are just some examples of the opportunities that await you.
- Administrator for Music School
- Managing Agent for Performers
- Concert Manager
- Music Arranger
- Music Director
- Project Coordinator
- Sound Engineer
- Music Teacher
In addition, you can further your studies in higher education institutes around the world.
What can you expect?
Students will undergo rigorous training in three big areas: Performance, Musicianship and Enrichment. Upon completion, student will be able to progress into the post graduate study in performance or to embark into their professional career journey.
Graduates from the course will receive a BMus (Hons) Music Performance - Level 6 conferred by UWL. Successful graduates can go on study a postgraduate course in performance, composition or management.
- At least 19 years old
- Advanced Diploma In Music or FdMus Music Performance or its international academic equivalent
- Theory - Pass SRMC's Placement Test or other equivalent
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE 'A' Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international academic equivalent
- Practical - Pass Audition
- Have IELTS score of 6.0 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
For the audition, the following should be prepared based on your main study instrument.
- For Instrumentalists 10-12 minute performance consisting of TWO contrasting pieces
- For Composers Submission of a portfolio of works prior to an interview
- For Singers 10-12 minute performance of THREE songs
To meet the English Language requirement, any of the following qualifications are acceptable:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council, is the test preferred by the College.
- GCE 'A' Level GP or KI - Grade E or above
- IB Diploma - Pass TOK (English Medium)
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
- Performance Studies 3A
- Performance Studies 3B
- Advanced Performance Project
- Music Management
- Advanced Orchestration and Arranging (Optional)
For other information, please click here !
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00|
* Student apply direct entry to 1 year BMus, Level 6 top-up programme will require to pay exemption fee of S$4, 000.00
For other fees, please click here !
- All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%.
- All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
The successful graduate must pass the assessment requirements for each module in order to gain modular credits based on the following schedule:
BMus (Hons) Music Performance - Level 6
awarded by the University Of West London.