BMus (Hons) Music Performance And Recording
This is a full-time course aimed at a wide range of musicians who want to develop their performance and composition skills as well as record and produce their own music. The students are also supported in marketing and managing their musical careers as well as exploiting all opportunities in today’s music business.
CAREER PROSPECTS / FURTHER STUDIES
Graduates from BMus are well positioned to enter and pursue exciting professions and influence the development of Arts and Music industries. The following roles are just some examples of the opportunities that await you.
- Freelance Performers, Soloists or with Ensembles/Bands
- Supporting Artists
- Composers Of Audio For Film
- arrangers and music/arts administrators
Successful graduates can go on to study a postgraduate course in a relevant field. The University offers a range of specialist courses at this level.
What can you expect?
Recording aspects of the course involve music technology modules based around capturing, sequencing and producing music, giving you the ability to create music skilfully both on a computer and in a recording studio.
The management strand ensures you will acquire all of the skills required to launch and manage a career, arrange events and performances and network within the industry.
This exciting new course draws upon the vast experience of the professional music industry staff at LCM and is a response to the needs of the current music industry. It is aimed at the musician or composer who wants to develop their own instrumental or writing skills, have the technical knowledge to record music and the industry savvy to launch a career.
Students will have the opportunity to take performance or composition modules working in both one-to-one and group situations, to ensure a good understanding of music, instrumental and composition skills and performance techniques. The music technology specialist modules are all based around capturing and producing music. The management strand ensures that students will acquire all of the skills required to launch and manage a career, arrange events and performances and network within the industry.
- At least 17 years old
- Singapore-Cambridge 'A' Level or Diploma in Music or its international academic equivalent
- Theory - Pass SRMC's Placement Test or other equivalent
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE 'A' Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international academic equivalent
- Practical - Pass Audition
- Have IELTS score of 6.0 or other equivalent (see below English Language Requirements)
For the audition, the following should be prepared based on your main study instrument.
- For Instrumentalists 10-12 minute performance consisting of TWO contrasting pieces
- For Singers 10-12 minute performance of THREE songs
To meet the English Language requirement, any of the following qualifications are acceptable:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council, is the test preferred by the College.
- GCE 'A' Level GP or KI - Grade E or above
- IB Diploma - Pass TOK (English Medium)
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
THREE (3) Years Course
- Pop Performance Studies 1A
- Sound Theory
- Desktop Composition
- Pop Performance Studies 1B
- Sound Practice
- Role of Music Management
- Pop Performance Studies 2A
- Composition And Arranging
- Studio Recording 2
- Composition And Arranging Workshop
- LCM Music Factory
- Touring Logistics and Planning
- Music Management
- Showcase Studies
- Performance Project
- Music Technology Showcase Project
- Composing for Moving Image
- Music Education Workshop (Optional)
- Experimental Sound (Optional)
- Live Sound Practice (Optional)
For other information, please click here !
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||39,182.25|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||49, 682.25|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||12, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||4, 317.75|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||66, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here !
- All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%.
- All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
The successful graduate must pass the assessment requirements for each module in order to gain modular credits based on the following schedule:
BMus (Hons) Music Performance And Recording
awarded by the University Of West London.