Preparatory Course For International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Our IELTS Preparation Program has one aim: to provide you with the much needed skills, knowledge and practice necessary to achieve the test result which you require.Students who wish to enrol into educational institutions e.g. foreign universities in countries like UK, Australia and other Commonwealth countries or polytechnics in Singapore will require an IELTS score. They can also choose to take this course after their study of our English as a Foreign Language program. The IELTS examination tests the English proficiency of people whose native language is not English. IELTS scores are required for purposes of admission by educational institutions in countries like UK and Australia where English is the language of instruction and also for immigration purposes. The IELTS score is also used by SRMC as an admission requirement.This preparatory course prepares students for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination.
What can you expect?
- Face to face in a live interactive and engaging classroom setting.
MODE OF TEACHING
- The manner in which each module within the course will be taught can include elements of group lectures, tutorials, one-to-one lessons and/or ensemble coaching.
- We maintain low teacher-student ratio to encourage a more concentrated interaction between our tutor and students with an average ratio of 1:25 per classroom.
MODE OF ASSESSMENT
- We conduct IELTS Academic Courses at our centre. The IELTS Full Time course has duration for completion of at least 6 months.
- The Full Time course is specially custom made for students who are not well versed in the English Language. It caters to students who only have a Basic or Elementary understanding of the English Language. As the IELTS exams are not easy to pass, you must be very fluent and well versed in all 4 aspects of the language. In order to get you up to this standard in the IELTS Exams, an intensive full time 6 months course is needed.
- Our teachers are all qualified and highly experienced teachers, who have many years of teaching experience in this area. They are excellent course developers and planners, experts in their knowledge of English and ability to explain the precepts and components of the language.
- They are excellent classroom managers and facilitators, well versed in evaluating and assessing your progress achievements and extremely committed to promoting independent creative learning. They teach because they have a passion for teaching and want what is best for each and every individual.
The main objective of this course is to prepare students to pass the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Test. Students need to obtain at least an aggregate 5.5 Band Score.
Applicant must attempt SRMC English Placement Test upon registration to determine their level of English. Applicant will only be allowed to take the course after completion of the Placement Test
IELTS is available in two test formats: Academic or General Training. As you will be applying for a University placement overseas our course is only Academic based. The Listening, Reading and Writing tests must be completed in one day. Depending on your test centre, the Speaking test may be offered on the same day or up to a week before or after the other parts. See below for a diagram of the test format.
For the IELTS Exam registration procedures please refer to the British Council of Singapore.
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
SIX (6) Months Course
How we prepare you for the IELTS test-develop accurate listening & note-taking skills
- Master skills of planning, organizing and drafting compositions & reports
- Identify your grammar mistakes and eliminate them
- Develop your word power by using complex language
- Learn how to understand vocabulary and develop fast, accurate reading skills
- Speak clearly and with confidence- Master the tricks of IELTS reading and writing
- Develop the skills and confidence essential for not only success at IELTS but also success in your further studies
- Mock examinations will be given to students on the different components of the test
- Students will be challenged with more difficult group discussion topics and individual oral presentations
- Also you will be expected to write compositions with better content and of a higher academic standard
This module uses interesting materials and role-plays to help students develop their use of appropiate English to communicate in different occasions. It aims to increase oral influence by enhancing the various language skills.
- Learning Outcome: Obtain the desired pass result in the Speaking Test.
This module uses various teaching material to train students in their listening. Listening materials used include radio broadcast, stories, TV, conversations and other interesting material to enhance a student's listening skills.
- Learning Outcome: Obtain the desired pass result in the Listening Test.
This module aim to introduce basic reading skills to student and enhance the speed of their reading and understanding. Students will be exposed to the various authentic text type to help them cope with various reading materials.
- Learning Outcome: Obtain the desired pass result in the Reading Test.
This module focuses on the writing test. In this module, students will be first taught the basic skills involved in writing. Once the students master the basic writing skills, students will be taught to write various composition types.
- Learning Outcome: Obtain the desired pass result in the Writing Test.
For other information, please click here !
SRMC has arranged for protection of course fees paid by the local and International student through the FPS Escrow scheme provided by DBS Bank Singapore.
It is important to note that Course Fees can ONLY be paid to the Singapore Raffles Music STFA (Escrow) Account; (Escrow Account Number: 003-902337-5)
|Fee Particulars||6 Months S($)|
|Tuition Fee||3, 049.07|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||500.00|
|Total Course Fee||4, 299.07|
|Goods & Services Tax||300.93|
|Total Payable Fee||4, 600.00|
For other fees, please click here !
- All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%.
- All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.