Calling all aspiring musicians and singers. Join Singapore Raffles Music College’s Shine Contest for your chance to:
- Study at SRMC under a Full Scholarship (Diploma/Degree, up to $22k/year), and produce your own music under the mentorship of our industry partners;
- Study at SRMC under a Merit Scholarship (Diploma/Degree, up to $10k/year); and/or
- A chance to record your own single at Singapore Raffles Production Suite, under the guidance of our Studio Manager.
The best videos will be shortlisted for our Grand Finale, held on 9 February 2018 at SRMC’s Singapore Campus. Shortlisted international participants will be sponsored for their return flight to Singapore.
|How to Join||
|Audition Dates||12 January 2018, 09:00AM to 5 February 2018, 11:59PM|
* Points will be awarded to videos with the highest engagement rates, based on Facebook likes and shares. The organiser, Singapore Raffles Music College, reserves all rights to verify the validity of the engagement metrics.
1. How do I join the contest?
2. What is the duration for the scholarship for?
The scholarship will last the duration of the course that you are eligible for, e.g. Diploma to Bachelor’s Degree (4 years), or Bachelor’s Degree (3 years).
3. Are there any bonds to the scholarship?
Terms and conditions will apply for the duration of the scholarship. The college also reserves the rights to retain the Sponsored under a new employment contract for at least 2 years, either immediately or in due course after the end of study.
4. How does the Online Engagement judging criteria work?
For Online Engagement, participants are required to gather likes and shares on their Facebook video. The point system is as follows:
Likes: 1 point
Shares: 5 points
5. If I am shortlisted, can I use my own instruments for the Grand Finale?
Yes, you may use your own instruments for the Grand Finale if it is feasible.
Terms and Conditions
- The Organiser of the SRMC Shine Contest 2018 (“Contest”) is the Singapore Raffles Music College (SRMC).
- The Contest is open to Soloists only. All participants must meet the entry requirements set out in the publicity materials for the Contest and the Terms and Conditions set out below. Employees of the Organiser, its associate agencies, affiliates, sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- The SRMC SHINE Scholarship Auditions 2018 (“Contest”) will run from 12 January 2018, 0900hr to 5 February 2018, 2359hr (GMT +8 Singapore time). For the purpose of calculating the ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ of the audition videos, the count will take place at 5 February 2018, 2359hr.
- Participants must post the video on Facebook, set to public, and caption it with the hashtag #SRMCShine2018, in order to qualify. Each participant may submit one entry only. In the event that a participant post more than one video, the first posted video will be accepted as the official entry. The videos must be original and without any editing and/or enhancing. Participants must own the intellectual properties to their posted videos.
- By entering the Contest, the Participant acknowledges that he or she will be required to perform live at the Grand Finale on 9 February 2018 at the SRMC Singapore Campus should he be shortlisted. Overseas participants who are shortlisted will be provided with a return flight to Singapore by the Organiser. The flight arrangements including airline, timing etc are at the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- The winner(s) of the Contest will be awarded with one or more of the following prizes:
– The SRMC Shine Full Scholarship to the Diploma or Bachelor programmes offered at SRMC for up to four (4) years; and/or
– The SRMC Shine Merit Scholarship to the Diploma or Bachelor programmes offered at SRMC for up to four (4) years; and/or
– An opportunity to utilise the Singapore Raffles Production Suite and produce a single music track with the assistance of the SRMC Studio Manager.
– Winner(s) to the Shine Scholarships are expected to begin the school semester in March 2018, unless otherwise agreed with the Organiser. The Organiser will facilitate the application of all relevant documentations.
- All decisions made by SRMC in conjunction with the Contest are final. SRMC reserves the right to award a different prize, if deemed necessary, at its sole discretion.
- By entering the Contest, the Participant grants SRMC the permission and royalty-free license to use their name, likeness, and submitted content for contest marketing and promotional purposes by SRMC. The Participant also explicitly consents that the Organiser shall store the necessary personal data of the Participants. The Participant is free to revoke his or her consent to the storage of data by sending an email to the Organiser as stated below and by doing so, the Participant withdraws his or her participation from this Promotion. The Organiser will use its best endeavours to keep all personal data stored for this Contest strictly confidential.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, failure in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, the website, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, system, apparatus, software, failure of e-mail or receipt of entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or telecommunication services.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend and/or vary any of the terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- Should you have any enquiries regarding the Contest, please email to email@example.com for more information.