SRMC Shine Contest: Scholarship Auditions
Calling all aspiring musicians, Singapore Raffles Music College is looking for our next music star. Join Shine Contest now for your opportunity to:
- Study at SRMC with a Full Scholarship (Diploma/Degree, up to $22,000/year), and produce your own music under the mentorship of our industry partners;
- Study at SRMC with a Merit Scholarship (Diploma/Degree, up to $10,000/year); and/or
- A chance to record your own single at Singapore Raffles Production Suite, under the guidance of our Studio Manager.
Am I eligible?
- At least 16 years old
- Meet the requirements for SRMC’s Diploma in Music or Bachelor’s Degree
- Any musical instrument / vocals (All genres welcome)
- Able to attend live auditions in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta
How do I join?
- Record a video of your solo music performance (min. 6 minutes), and upload it online, e.g. YouTube.
- Submit your video link and contact info via the form below.
- Shortlisted participants will be invited for one of our final Live Auditions below.
|Location||Audition Date||Venue||Registration Deadline|
|Singapore||3 May 18 (Thu)||SRMC||25 April 18 (Wed)|
|Kuala Lumpur||19 May 18 (Sat)||TBC||13 May 18 (Sun)|
|Jakarta||26 May 18 (Sat)||TBC||20 May 18 (Sun)|
Q: What is the duration of the scholarship?
A: The scholarship will last the duration of the course that you are eligible for, e.g. Diploma to Bachelor’s Degree (4 years), or Bachelor’s Degree (3 years).
Q: Is there any bond to the scholarship?
A: Terms and conditions will apply for the duration of the scholarship. The college also reserves the rights to retain the Sponsored under a new employment contract for at least 2 years, either immediately or in due course after the end of study.
Q: I am not located in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, or Jakarta. Can I participate?
A: Yes, however, you must be able to attend the Live Auditions in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta at your own expense.
Q: If I am shortlisted, can I use my own instruments for the Live Auditions?
A: You may use your own instruments for the Live Auditions, if feasible.
Q: What do I do if I need more set-up, such as guitar amps or mics, during the Live Auditions?
A: Please contact us during registration for further advice.
Q: What is the judging criteria?
A: The criteria is based on the following:
|Musical Technique / Musicianship||40%|
|Musical Technique / Musicianship||40%|
Terms and Conditions
- The Organiser of the SRMC Shine Contest 2018 (“Contest”) is the Singapore Raffles Music College (SRMC).
- The Contest is open to Soloists only. All participants must meet the entry requirements set out in the publicity materials for the Contest and the Terms and Conditions set out below. Employees of the Organiser, its associate agencies, affiliates, sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- The Contest’s registration dates will run from 16 March 2018, 0900hr to 20 May 2018, 2359hr (GMT +8 Singapore time).
- Each participant may submit one entry only. In the event that a participant post more than one video, the first posted video will be accepted as the official entry. The videos must be original and without any editing and/or enhancing.
- Participants must own the intellectual properties to their posted videos.
- By entering the Contest, the Participant acknowledges that he or she will be required to perform live at the Grand Finale in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, or Jakarta on the stated dates above, should he/she be shortlisted.
- The winner(s) of the Contest will be awarded with one or more of the following prizes:
– The SRMC Shine Full Scholarship to the Diploma or Bachelor programmes offered at SRMC for up to four (4) years; and/or
– The SRMC Shine Merit Scholarship to the Diploma or Bachelor programmes offered at SRMC for up to four (4) years; and/or
– An opportunity to utilise the Singapore Raffles Production Suite and produce a single music track with the assistance of the SRMC Studio Manager.
- Winner(s) to the Shine Scholarships are expected to begin the school semester in September 2018, unless otherwise agreed with the Organiser. The Organiser will facilitate the application of all relevant documentations.
- All decisions made by SRMC in conjunction with the Contest are final. SRMC reserves the right to award a different prize, if deemed necessary, at its sole discretion.
- By entering the Contest, the Participant grants SRMC the permission and royalty-free license to use their name, likeness, and submitted content for contest marketing and promotional purposes by SRMC. The Participant also explicitly consents that the Organiser shall store the necessary personal data of the Participants. The Participant is free to revoke his or her consent to the storage of data by sending an email to the Organiser as stated below and by doing so, the Participant withdraws his or her participation from this Contest. The Organiser will use its best endeavours to keep all personal data stored for this Contest strictly confidential.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, failure in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, the website, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, system, apparatus, software, failure of e-mail or receipt of entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or telecommunication services.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend and/or vary any of the terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- Should you have any enquiries regarding the Contest, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.