Home Courses Dance Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Dance – Level 6
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Dance – Level 6
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Dance – Level 6 is a one-year, full-time course that focuses on imparting performance skills for both solo and ensemble works. The top-up degree follows the successful completion of the University of West London’s Foundation Degree in Dance.
Students can expect to learn commercial techniques, including street, jazz, chinese dance, and various Asian dances. They will also develop their professional repertoire by building their performative and choreographic skills. There will be public event opportunities that involves dance performance, choreography, or related areas of performance management.
- Top-up degree for Foundation Degree in Dance graduates
- Opportunity for dance performance project
- Intakes: March, September
The course offers practice based industry standard training (with specific stream dependent on career path), alongside rigorous academic study that reflects the cultural diversity within the dance industry, creating dance practitioners and technicians that can excel in the diverse professional market.
On graduating, dancers will be enabled to gain employment in the creative industries and will be in control of the disciplines associated within the exciting and demanding professional dance industry. They will also be equipped with the skills to progress onto further academic study.
- At least 19 years old
- Advanced Diploma In Dance or FdA Dance (or its international equivalent)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition (Intermediate level of RAD or equivalent)
- Meet English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
- Neo-Classical Performance
- Commercial Techniques 3
- Dance Theatre
- Contemporary Techniques 3
- Advanced Choreography
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||11, 224.30|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 500.00|
|Total Course Fee||14, 224.30|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 275.70|
|Total Payable Fee||19, 500.00|
* Students may apply for direct entry to 1-year BA (Hons) Dance. For this top-up programme, you will be required to pay an additional Exemption Fee of S$4, 000.00.
For other fees, please click here. As BA (Hons) Dance is a new course, course fees for BA (Hons) Dance will be subject to changes.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
BA (Hons) Dance – Level 6
awarded by the University of West London.