Foundation Degree in Dance is a 2-year full-time course, designed to provide a student with practical dance and choreography training, necessary to prepare them for a professional dance career.
Students will attend practical technique classes, which focus on the physical and creative aspects of the dance industry. Both Level 4 and 5 will include public performances and international competitions. Students will also explore, experiment, and gain the skills required to work in the diverse dance industry.
The University of West London’s Foundation Degree in Dance is the first two years of the BA (Hons) Dance course. Upon completion, students may progress onto BA (Hons) Dance – Level 6.
- Leads up to practice-based BA (Hons) Dance (Top-up) in UWL
- Provides public performances, work placement opportunities
- Intakes: March, September
The FdDance programme develops knowledge, understanding, and conceptual, technical and managerial skills relevant to the creation of dance. Through an industry-focused and carefully phased study of 12 modules, you will be equipped with the skills to work confidently in a competitive and demanding industry. The project-based modules ensure that you have the skills to work in an arts administration environment and within small medium enterprise (SMEs).
The programme also develops the key skills that you will need in order to excel within a creative workplace. These skills are transferable beyond the Dance sector into all areas of the creative industries. Upon successful completion, you will have a clear understanding of the dance industry and the ability to apply theory to technique. The cohesive programme of learning encompasses a generic set of outcomes, but allows for a degree of individual specialism towards one industry sector.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international academic equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- A 3-5 minute performance of a chosen dance
- Choreograph and perform a piece to music given during the audition
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) will also be considered (on a case-by-case basis)
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
Two (2) Years Course
- Contemporary Techniques 1
- Commercial Techniques 1
- Community Dance 1
- Performance Project 1
- Dance History
- Choreography 1
- Contemporary Techniques 2
- Commercial Techniques 2
- Community Dance 2
- Performance Project 2
- Classical Techniques
- Choreography 2
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 500.00||3, 000.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 500.00||3, 000.00|
|Total Course Fee||14, 224.30||28, 448.60|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||8, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 275.70||2551.40|
|Total Payable Fee||19, 500.00||39, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Foundation Degree in Dance
awarded by the University Of West London.