The Certificate in English – Higher Advanced is a 3 months full-time course focusing on strengthening the English Language ability of a student. It is the fourth of four levels of English. This course is anchored on a holistic approach in developing the higher-advanced level curriculum. The lessons are presented in spiral progression to achieve proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, writing, and viewing. Apart from this, students are expected to demonstrate their oral presentation skills. This level is equivalent to an IELTS 6.5.
Lessons will focus on the development of communication skills in an environment in which students can feel comfortable and confident to use and improve their spoken English. They are used as part of the blended learning curriculum. Students will be encouraged to participate in debates, discussion, script-writing, games, simulation, and role-playing as speaking activities. Face-to-face contact lecturing, blended learning, and self-study activities will provide a suitable pathway for students’ to develop and apply the English language.
- Meets English Language Requirements for All SRMC Courses
- At least 17 years old
- Intakes: March, June, September, January
Graduates will receive a Certificate in English – Higher Advanced conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will:
- Understand and apply the language in daily and business communication,
- Be able to apply good techniques to interpret messages that are received from various sources,
- Develop a good oral presentation skill,
- Have the ability to inform and convince readers clearly and concisely using appropriate writing style,
- Have an English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5,
- Meet the English Language Requirements for all SRMC Courses.
- At least 17 years old
- Meet SRMC’s English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their three-month course of study.
- Listening Module
- Speaking Module
- Reading Module
- Writing Module
- Grammar Module
- Vocabulary Module
Overall, students are to develop their general ability of the English Language providing them a pathway to use this for future academic and professional goals.
|Tuition Fee||3, 300|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||350|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||350|
|Total Course Fee||4, 000|
|Goods & Services Tax||280|
|Total Payable Fee||4, 280|
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
All applicants are required to pay a one-time tuition fee of S$4,280 (inclusive of GST) and will be entitled to progress into various levels of the Certificate in English course. This privilege is given to help students improve their English language skill and prepare them to study at a University programme/s.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (non-inclusive of 7% GST).
For other fees, please click here.
Students must pass the assessment requirements for each module.
Certificate in English – Higher Advanced
awarded by Singapore Raffles Music College.