Advanced Diploma in Music (AdMus) is a two-year full-time course where you can expect weekly one-to-one lessons based on your principal study instrument, in addition to ensemble group classes. All of which provide you exposure to various music styles such as Chamber and Contemporary, as well as performance opportunities.
Performance studies will be complemented with practical musicianship and historical music studies. You will also get to present a public showcase of your work, demonstrating a range of industry skills beyond performance, from communications to presentation.
- Prepares practising musicians for Bachelor’s Degree
- Transforms students into industry-ready professionals
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive an Advanced Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Associate Diploma or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Diploma or better.
|Music Performance and Recording
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Meet English Language Requirements
Music Performance & Music Performance and Recording
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (click here for Theory Placement Test Guide)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Pass SRMC’s Interview
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minutes performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minutes performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Intermediate, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
Music Performance Track
Music Recording Track
Music Management Track
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||26, 121.50|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||33, 121.50|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 159.25||2, 318.50|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00||35, 440.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Advanced Diploma in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.