BMus (Hons) Music Performance And Recording is a three-year full-time course, where you can develop your performance and composition skills, as well as record and produce your own music.
For the Recording aspect, you will learn how to capture, sequence, and produce music through a range of music technology modules. You will also get to hone your skills in crafting music on the desktop or in SRMC’s state-of-the-art recording studio, the Singapore Raffles Production Suite (SRPS).
The Management modules will equip you with the skills necessary to manage an artiste’s career, produce performance events, as well as network within the industry. At SRMC, we support all students in marketing and managing your musical careers, so that you may exploit valuable opportunities in today’s music business.
- For aspiring performers with an interest in studio recording
- Gives students an edge with practical music production skills
- Intakes: March, September
Drawing upon the vast experience of the professional music industry staff at LCM, the exciting course is designed as a response to the dynamic needs of the current music industry. Musicians or composers will develop both performance techniques and the technical knowledge to record music, so as to launch a successful career in the music industry.
|Music Performance and Recording
- At least 17 years old
- Singapore-Cambridge ‘A’ Level or Diploma in Music (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (click here for Theory Placement Test Guide)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
Three (3) Years Course
- Pop Performance Studies 1A
- Sound Theory
- Desktop Composition
- Pop Performance Studies 1B
- Sound Practice
- The Role of Music Management
- Pop Performance Studies 2A
- Composition And Arranging
- Studio Recording 2
- Composition And Arranging Workshop
- LCM Music Factory
- Touring Logistics and Planning
- Music Management
- Showcase Studies
- Performance Project
- Music Technology Showcase Project
- Music for the Moving Image
- Music Education Workshop (Optional)
- Experimental Sound (Optional)
- Live Sound Practice
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||39,182.25|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||5, 250.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||49, 682.25|
|*University Fees||4, 000.00||12, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||4, 317.75|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||66, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
BMus (Hons) Music Performance and Recording
awarded by the University Of West London.