Diploma in Music (DipMus) is a one-year full-time course that prepares you with the core knowledge in music, necessary for a successful career on stage or behind the scenes. You may choose either Music Performance or Music Management as your track, each with core modules tailored to your interest.
Music Performance students will be guided to reach their full potential as a musician, through one-to-one lessons, musicianship classes, and theory training. Music Management students will gain a wide spectrum of skills including business communication, new media, and public speaking skills, which will help them stand out in the industry.
Successful DipMus graduates will be fully prepared to pursue further education in music: Advanced Diploma in Music (AdMus), FdMus Music Performance, or the 3-year University Of West London (UWL) Bachelor (Honours) Degrees.
- Builds foundation for your future career in performance, or music management
- Be fully prepared for degrees conferred by UWL
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 8 or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 7 or better.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits (or its international equivalent)
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (click here for Theory Placement Test Guide)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Pass SRMC’s Interview
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 4.5 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above, or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Basic, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance 3A
- Theory & Harmony 3A
- Musicianship 3A
- Instrumental Writing
- Performance 3B
- Theory & Harmony 3B
- Musicianship 3B
- Music Appreciation
Music Management Track
- Introduction to World Music
- Music Theory Grade 1 to 3
- Introduction to New Media
- Business Writing
- Business and Organisation Management
- Public Speaking and Grooming
- Introduction to Western Music
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,159.25|
|Total Payable Fee||17, 720.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Diploma in Music
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.