Foundation Degree in Music Performance (FdMus) is a two-year full-time course where you can expect weekly one-to-one lessons based on your principal study instrument, in addition to ensemble group classes. All of which provide you exposure to various music styles such as Chamber and Contemporary, as well as performance opportunities.
Performance studies will be complemented with practical musicianship and historical music studies. You will also get to present a public showcase of your work, demonstrating a range of industry skills beyond performance, from communications to presentation.
After completing this Foundation Degree, you will be able to further your music education with BMus (Hons) Music Performance – Level 6 (1 year), conferred by the University Of West London, London College of Music (LCM). The course will be conducted at SRMC in Singapore.
- Prepares practising musicians for 1-year top-up degree
- Transforms students into industry-ready professionals
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Foundation Degree in Music Performance conferred by University of West London. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Associate Diploma or better in their chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Diploma or better.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (click here for Theory Placement Test Guide)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minute performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minute performance, THREE songs
- Composers: A portfolio of works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 administered by the British Council (Preferred by SRMC), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
- Performance Studies 1A
- Performance Studies 1B
- Harmony And Counterpoint
- Music in Context: Music 1600 – 1900
- Music Analysis
- Performance Studies 2A
- Performance Studies 2B
- The New Music and Beyond: 1900 – Present Day
- World Music Studies
- Negotiated Project
- Orchestration and Arranging
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|Tuition Fee||13, 060.75||26, 121.50|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1, 750.00||3, 500.00|
|Total Course Fee||16, 560.75||33, 121.50|
|University Fees||4, 000.00||8, 000.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||1, 439.25||2, 878.50|
|Total Payable Fee||22, 000.00||44, 000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
FdMus Music Performance
awarded by the University Of West London.