Postgraduate Certificate in Music Pedagogy and Research (Mandarin)
The Postgraduate Certificate in Music Pedagogy and Research is a 1-year full time programme. It exposes students to the research methods and techniques that are appropriate for a postgraduate level of study, and refines their pedagogical approaches through research-informed practice.
Students will also pursue their individual research interests via an independent research project. Through this course, students will be equipped to become critically-informed researchers and practitioners in their own fields.
This course will be conducted entirely in Mandarin. There are 2 modules for this course.
- For established musicians practitioners
- At least 21 years old
- Intakes: March, September
Graduates will receive a Postgraduate Certificate in Music Pedagogy and Research (Mandarin) conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will:
- Possess the necessary knowledge and skills to undertake independent research projects
- Possess a wider understanding of the key issues, debates and practices in the field of music education
- Be able to critically reflect upon and refine one’s research and teaching practices
- At least 21 years old
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience in the Music Industry
- Meet the Language Proficiency Requirements
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (汉语水平考试) Level 6 out of 11, or
- Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) Level 4 out of 7, or
- SRMC’s Chinese Placement Test
- Other Chinese Language Proficiency Tests will be considered on a case by case basis
ONE (1) Year Course
- Pedagogy in Practice
Download course synopsis here.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||875.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||875.00|
|Total Course Fee||9,200.00|
|Goods & Services Tax||644.00|
|Total Payable Fee||9,844.00|
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at the rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (exclude 7% GST).
For other fees, please click here.
Students must gain 80 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
awarded by the Singapore Raffles Music College.