Graduates will receive a Bachelor of Music (Honours) Composition conferred by the University of West London.
- At least 17 years old
- Singapore-Cambridge ‘A’ Level or Diploma in Music (or its international equivalent)
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Interview
- Take SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (The Music Theory Placement Test Guide can be found here)
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Submit a portfolio of recent composition works, prior to an interview
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0, or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
THREE (3) Years Course
Music Performance and Recording Track
- Composition 1A
- Composition 1B
- Harmony and Counterpoint
- Music Analysis
- History A
- Methods and Materials
- Composition 2A
- Composition 2B
- Orchestration and Arranging
- Advanced Musicianship
- History B
- World Music Studies
- Composition 3A
- Composition 3B
- Advanced Orchestration and Arranging
- Music Management
- Music for the Moving Image
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1,750.00||5,250.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1,750.00||5,250.00|
|Total Course Fee||16,560.75||49,682.25|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,439.25||4,317.75|
|Total Payable Fee||22,000.00||66,000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at a rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (exclude 7% GST).
Students must gain 360 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Bachelor of Music (Honours) Composition
awarded by University of West London.