Graduates will receive a Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 8 or better in your chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 7 or better.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits (or its international equivalent)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Take SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (The Music Theory Placement Test Guide can be found here)
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minutes performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 – 12 minutes performance, THREE songs
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 4.5, or
- GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above, or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Basic, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study. Each module is worth 20 modular credits.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance 3A
- Performance 3B
- Foundational Music Theory*
- Intermediate Music Theory**
- Instrumental Writing
- Music Appreciation
*For students who are exempted from Foundational Music Theory, they will take Introduction to New Media instead.
**For students who are exempted from Intermediate Music Theory, they will take Business Writing instead.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1,750.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1,750.00|
|Total Course Fee||16,560.75|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,159.25|
|Total Payable Fee||17,720.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at a rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (exclude 7% GST).
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Diploma in Music
awarded by Singapore Raffles Music College.