Graduates will receive a Diploma in Music conferred by Singapore Raffles Music College. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 8 or better in your chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Grade 7 or better.
- At least 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits (or its international equivalent)
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Take SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (The Music Theory Placement Test Guide can be found here)
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minutes performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Classical Vocal Singers: 10 -12 minutes performance, THREE songs
- Pop Vocal/Contemporary Instrumentalists: 10 -12 minutes performance, THREE pop songs (any language)
As a guide, repertoire presented should be of Grade 7 standard.
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 4.5, or
- GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ Level English Language – Grade C or above, or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Basic, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study. Each module is worth 20 modular credits.
ONE (1) Year Course
Music Performance Track
- Performance 3A
- Performance 3B
- Foundational Music Theory*
- Intermediate Music Theory**
- Instrumental Writing
- Music Appreciation
*For students who are exempted from Foundational Music Theory, they will take Introduction to New Media instead.
**For students who are exempted from Intermediate Music Theory, they will take Business Writing instead.
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||2,000.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||2,000.00|
|Total Course Fee||19,157.41|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,532.59|
|Total Payable Fee||20,690.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at a rate of 8%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
In Budget 2022, the Minister for Finance of Singapore announced that the Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate will be increased from:
(i) 7% to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023; and
(ii) 8% to 9% with effect from 1 Jan 2024.
Kindly refer to this link to understand how the GST rate change will affect the consumers.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (exclude 8% GST).
Students must gain 120 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Diploma in Music
awarded by Singapore Raffles Music College.