The FdDance programme develops knowledge, understanding, and conceptual, technical, and managerial skills relevant to the creation of dance. Through an industry-focused and carefully phased study of 12 modules, you will be equipped with the skills to work confidently in a competitive and demanding industry. The project-based modules ensure that you have the skills to work in an arts administration environment and within small-medium enterprises (SMEs).
The programme also develops the key skills that you will need in order to excel within a creative workplace. These skills are transferable beyond the Dance sector into all areas of the creative industries. Upon successful completion, you will have a clear understanding of the dance industry and the ability to apply theory to technique. The cohesive programme of learning encompasses a generic set of outcomes but allows for a degree of individual specialism towards one industry sector.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international academic equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Meet English Language Requirements
- A 3 – 5 minute performance of a chosen dance
- Choreograph and perform a piece to music given during the audition
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0, or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
- Contemporary Techniques 1
- Commercial Techniques 1
- Community Dance 1
- Performance Project 1
- Dance History
- Choreography 1
- Contemporary Techniques 2
- Commercial Techniques 2
- Community Dance 2
- Performance Project 2
- Classical Techniques
- Choreography 2
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||3 Years S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1,500.00||3,000.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1,500.00||3,000.00|
|Total Course Fee||14,224.30||28,448.60|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,275.70||2,551.40|
|Total Payable Fee||19,500.00||39,000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at a rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (exclude 7% GST).
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Foundation Degree in Dance
awarded by University of West London