Graduates will receive a Foundation Degree in Music Performance conferred by University of West London. You will have:
- A performance proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Associate Diploma or better in your chosen principal study,
- A music theory proficiency equivalent to the London College of Music (LCM)/Trinity Guild Hall/ABRSM Diploma or better.
- At least 17 years old
- At least Grade E in any 3 GCE ‘A’ Level subjects (2 H2 Level and 1 H1 Level) or its international equivalent
- Pass SRMC’s Audition
- Take SRMC’s Music Theory Placement Test (The Music Theory Placement Test Guide can be found here)
- Meet English Language Requirements
- Instrumentalists: 10 – 12 minutes performance, TWO pieces from contrasting periods
- Singers: 10 -12 minutes performance, THREE songs
English Language Requirements
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0, or
- GCE ‘A’ Level GP or KI – Grade E or above, or
- IB Diploma – Pass TOK (English Medium), or
- SRMC’s English Placement Test / SRMC’s Certificate in English – Advanced, or
- Other English Language Proficiency Tests (TOEFL etc) – will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
TWO (2) Years Course
- Performance Studies 1A
- Performance Studies 1B
- Harmony and Counterpoint
- Music in Context: Music 1600 – 1900
- Music Analysis
- Performance Studies 2A
- Performance Studies 2B
- The New Music and Beyond: 1900 – Present Day
- World Music Studies
- Negotiated Project
- Orchestration and Arranging
|Fee Particulars||1 Year S($)||2 Years S($)|
|1. Administrative, Visa & Compliance Fees||1,750.00||3,500.00|
|2. Course Assessment & Resources Fees||1,750.00||3,500.00|
|Total Course Fee||16,560.75||33,121.50|
|Goods & Services Tax||1,439.25||2,878.50|
|Total Payable Fee||22,000.00||44,000.00|
For other fees, please click here.
Note: All fees are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax). The current Singapore GST is charged at a rate of 7%. All fees quoted are subject to other costs arising from government directives.
All courses have a Fee Protection Premium of 2% of the Course Fee (exclude 7% GST).
Students must gain 240 modular credits to graduate, by passing the assessment requirements for each module.
Foundation Degree in Music Performance
awarded by University of West London.